31 January 2009

oh happy day

Here I am, getting home at 1am. I can't type for shit right now, which is kind of fun but also very annoying as I am picky about spelling and grammar. Thank you, mother the english major.
We had girls' (Mommy's) night out, and it was FUN. 7 ladies, all but 1 is actually a mother. We started at a bar near my mother's house, which I drive past at least twice a week and was only in once 10 years ago when I needed a pay phone because my truck broke down in the intersection. That was a nice place. Had a guy doing live music that we decided was country-flavored rock, but it was OK. Cheap food and beer. That was great. I had 3 draft Killian's and a "Santa Fe Chicken Sub" with fries instead of chips for $16.50. Can't beat that. Then we went to some strange place in another suburb (4 of the 7 were close to home then, and 2 hubbys joined us) where there was VERY loud music and a wider selection on tap but higher prices. I had a Bass draft ($6!!!!!!!!) and 2 bottles of MGD ($2.50 each, decent price)(and wonderful Bean bought one of them for me, I owe her but she wouldn't take my 5 as I was leaving) and embarrassed myself attempting to dance to a couple songs. My ears are still ringing. The radio wouldn't cooperate on the way home (meaning: no songs I wanted to sing along to) so I fumbled for a CD once I hit the part of the freeway that actually had lights. Made it home in one piece, everyone is asleep (yay!), and found an email from our saleslady that it's time to schedule our builder conference!!! YAY!!! WE GET A HOUSE!!!
OK, time to pee and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment