15 January 2009

Brrr, again

Well, even though it's a lovely 5 degrees outside (Hey, it was 0 up until an hour ago), I'm going to do my best not to complain or whine. Canada and the northern plains have it MUCH MUCH worse.
Instead, I will sit here and babble while trying to ignore Dora going through the alphabet. I very much dislike the music in this episode, but my girls love it for the ABCs and the animals.
I reached an agreement with hubby to wake him at 5pm today, in an attempt for him to have some awake time with us, then catch a little sleep at night before his oral surgery tomorrow morning. While looking for something to make for breakfast today, I noted he has gotten a modest assortment of mushy (no chewing required) foods in preparation. This is excellent, because even though I hate staying in the house all day I have NO PLANS to go anywhere with the girls. We'd be ok with the temperatures, but the roads are still a mess from all the snow yesterday. I only slid a teeny bit, mostly going again after a traffic light or crossing some intersections. I had no problems on uphills, unlike some other cars I saw. I'm still shocked by the fool in a Saturn who honked at me (more at the minivan infront of me) on an uphill - I didn't pay much attention because I was busy watching the minivan's back wheels slide. When we got up the hill and were on level road, the Saturn passed both me and the minivan. I kind of wished he would slide into a mailbox or something, but no karma came after him while I watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment