13 January 2009

Ah, the joys of Ohio. And the jetstream.

I've seen an email go around a few times that is full of "You might be from Ohio if....." jokes. I'm sure there's one for every state, but as I live here this is the one people bother to send me. One of those that has been popping into my head these past few days is "if your idea of a fancy negligee is a flannel nightgown" or something along those lines.
You see, I've had to plan which long underwear I wear on which day this week. As my job requires me to be outdoors occasionally, I tend to wear my longjohns if it's not going to be above 30* degrees. My various pairs have different thermal qualities, and I have carefully avoided wearing the warmest in order to save them for tomorrow, the last day of my work week. It is forecast to be 8 degrees when my girls and I leave the house at 6am.
This is going to suck.
But wait! There's more!
Thursday, the high is expected to be 11. Friday, 5. (The low Friday is expected to be -4.)
When I first saw the Friday forecast, I thought 'Yay! That's an off day. We are not going ANYWHERE.'
3 minutes later I remembered that's the day hubby gets his wisdom teeth removed. So we have to get up, take the girls to grammy's, go get his teeth taken out, then hopefully go home to see how he starts recovering and eventually go retrieve the children.
Note to self- buy more noodles and other mushy, no-chewing-required foods before Friday.

*30 is my mid-December thru February cutoff temperature. It's about 50 for October/November, then eases down. 40 feels like a heat wave until April or so, some years.

No comments:

Post a Comment