05 January 2009

urgh.

Little one is sick. Yesterday we were thinking ear infection but today not so sure. No fever right now, not at all, but crying and whining and just complaining about everything without using ANY of the few dozen words she has.
Sissy is alternating between being hypnotized by Backyardigans and telling me it's her turn, Daddy said she could play on her computer after naptime. Now I've done it, she wanted juice and I gave her apple. She wanted Raspberry Lemonade. What a horrible mother I am.
I'm worn out. My dumb self has been staying up too late and so when the alarm goes off I am just not ready to get up. Tonight perhaps I'll do better, it should be easier since NONE of the shows I like on TV are on lately. I've also pretty much finished my browsing of the internets, so as long as I don't think of something else to look at I should be safe for an early bedtime.
Wednesday should be fun at work. I was so frustrated by the lack of anything being done on my off days I sent a griping email to my boss, who shared some of my frustration when he realized all the nonsense my counterpart has been pulling. (Wednesday is the next time the counterpart works.) On the plus side, today they finally fixed the lock on the door to get in. A pushbutton lock was installed a couple months ago, but 10 days ago it quit working. Today the manager was back so everyone could get at the instruction books in his office. Turns out, somebody had WAY too much time on their hands. This unknown person removed the cover from the lock and pushed the reset button, so the code no longer worked. Now we have to learn a new code, and we also need to get it out to all the people who were not in the hangar when the lock was fixed.
Ah, Backyardigans has ended. Sissy just came up "Mommy, are you done yet?"
I suppose I'll hook up her computer and crash on the couch for a half hour before we go wake up Daddy. I can't believe the fussing and then playing hasn't woken him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment