28 January 2009

another fun filled day...

We were under a Winter Storm Warning from Monday evening through noon today. Tuesday brought us 3 inches of snow, then a couple hours of sleet in the late evening, followed by rain. All night it rained. I scraped nearly an inch off the car this morning. Sissy and I went splat in the driveway (she's fine, I bled from my knuckles). At daybreak, the rain switched to snow, and we got a good 4 or 5 inches to cover the ice. Luckily, the snow stopped in the early afternoon so the drive home wasn't too bad. Actually, it was kind of nice because so many people had stayed home!
I just realized my next paycheck will be very nice... because of the Chicago training class, I got 46 hours for last week (all straight time, but hey, it's an extra 6 hours) and then I picked up a shift Saturday so this week is 48 hours, 8 of which was time and a half. So that's..... 98 hours pay. Sweet!
I really hope the roads clear up tomorrow and Friday, and that we don't get the 1-2 inches of snow forecast for Friday. It's supposed to be Mommy's night- at least 5 gals going out (one doesn't have kids, but her husband's goofy enough we'll include her in the title).

No comments:

Post a Comment