17 January 2009

He's got holes in his mouth!

Sissy is fascinated- Daddy let slip something about he couldn't eat what we were having for dinner last night because of the holes in his mouth. We didn't give her a flashlight and tell him to say 'AHHHHH' but I bet she would have enjoyed that.
He's doing great. He hasn't even been complaining, which I somewhat expected. When they first brought me back to the recovery room, just after he woke up, that was a little scary- he was very disoriented, and turns out one of the drugs in the IV is an amnesiac, so he asked the same questions over and over and over. By the time we were leaving the drug store from getting another antibiotic (one tooth was infected), he was himself but also super tired. So we went home, fixed him some noodles and shoved a hydrocodone in him, and when he was settled in on the couch I reminded him again if he was going to fall asleep, take out the gauze pads. Then I left to retrieve the children from my mother.
Seems the surgeon used so much novocaine hubby's tongue didn't come back to him until 11pm, his lips were more like 1 (we're guessing, as he went to bed at 11:30). Today he's doing great, only one hole is hurting and it's the one that was infected so we're not really surprised.
I think he'd be fine on his own tomorrow, but it's a bit late to cancel my vacation day so Oh Darn, I have to have a 4 day weekend. What a shame, no?
I've been slacking on my laundry duties. Most of our stuff is done, the vast majority of the girls stuff is in the dryer (and has been there since about midnight) so I need to take another basket down, put the dryer on a 20 minute touchup, and get back to it. (The touchup is needed because it's still quite cold outside, so the cold seeps in through the dryer vent and not long after the dryer stops, the clothes are FRIGID.)

No comments:

Post a Comment