26 December 2008

Remind me why I'm supposed to be excited

Reverent, yes, I can do that. But excited? For what?
Maybe it's because I tend to give little gifts to the people I care about randomly over the course of the year. I just don't get super worked up for the actual 'gifting occasions'
Didn't help that I had to get up at 5:30am, get ready for work, then call at 6:40 (just before having to wake up my girls) to figure out if our firstshift guy made it back to Ohio. He did. So I called my mom, told her go back to bed, and then wandered around the internet for a couple hours until the girls woke up at 9.
The girls did get to open a present each from Santa, both got a monster-sized lip gloss. They were very pleased. Christmas with the family will be Saturday, even though I wound up not having to work and my stepdad did not get held at work. It's easier this way, at least now my husband has a chance of being awake and alert and maybe even pleasant!
The thing that's got me concerned now is our trashcan is almost full, and trashday just kicked around from Friday to Monday- so we have to go 3 more days with not much space in there. With New Year's, trashday will kick from Monday to Tuesday. Gotta love it. Pain in the arse to keep up with trashday, especially if you're not sure which holidays they take.

No comments:

Post a Comment