27 December 2008

Now it feels like Christmas

I was up until 2 this morning wrapping things and critically evaluating piles of stuff I've bought and never opened, trying to find things to give to mom, aunt, or stepdad.
Meanwhile this weekend, I've washed my children, most of the laundry, more dishes than I care to think about (been baking, so I have to clean what I use then in addition to the normal stuff)... and my husband has been forced into brushing the girls teeth and reading them stories last night. He was no help during creating last night's dinner, he was no help wrapping gifts, though he did get up and fry himself a hamburger at 12:30.
He's said all along this season that he's not doing Christmas, he's focused on house. I keep thinking I'll get something small from him but I'm trying to bring myself down from that because I bet he really didn't get anything for me. He got Sissy a computer thing (plug it into TV, play games while learning), and Dora books for Boo, but that was IT. I even had to buy the gifts for HIS family in Texas. (Well, he paid for the grownup giftswap stuff, but those were $20 total and tossed in with a trip to Target anyway. I got to cover the mall gift cards for our teenage niece and nephew.)
I hope he's feeling better about his bank account balances- mine have gone to hell. The house people have gotten $1350 from us, I gave husband $2500 to pay off a high interest account he has, so my buffer has gone way down. (yep, seperate accounts. just never combined them and by now, we figure we'd drive each other nuts with our habits.)
OK, 3.5 hours until going to Grammy's for Christmas! Haven't done DIDDLEY to get started on my day except read stuff online. Haven't even made the coffee. What's wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment