19 December 2008

No! No push button!

Now that Sissy (the 3yo) has learned how to type, it's even more frustrating trying to use the computer with her around. Boo just randomly hits buttons. Sissy aims for things, and if she's sneaky her word will mix in with mine. That or I get random 'w' or 'q' stuck in places.
I may have to hurt my mother in law. She got the girls some phone that theoretically teaches numbers and some shapes/colors in English or Spanish. It has 2 volume levels, but since the lower level is reached by having the switch in the middle position, the girls never put it there. I've been eyeing it, trying to figure out how to modify the speaker to mute it. No luck yet, it would involve totally opening the case of the toy and I don't have THAT much energy.
My other super annoying thing today is the christmas card that arrived from my stepmother. She used my previous married name, and addressed the thing to the XXX Family. She knows better, even if it's been months since we've talked and a year since she's seen us. (Father left her a few years ago, though they are still not officially divorced.)
On the plus side, today the mail also brought us the official signed by somebody important purchase contract for our new house. We're buying a new build, so tomorrow we go to the design center to choose colors and flooring and appliances and all that jazz. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment