18 January 2010

power issues

The streetlights in front of our house (and in the whole back section of our neighborhood) came on for the first time Friday night. They came on Saturday night at dusk, but around midnight they were off. In fact, all the streetlights in the whole place went off. They've stayed off since.
Hubby reported our power blinked 3 times Sunday while I was at work. I staggered downstairs a few minutes late this morning, calculating quite how long I could nurse my cup of coffee before leaving the house, and stared blankly at the coffeemaker blinking "12:00" at me. No coffee. That's not good.
I quickly set the clock(s) in the kitchen and hit Brew Now, but it's not the same. I feel rushed. I like to savor the morning coffee.
And to just top off this morning, my boss is gone. Starting his new position in Dallas.
Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment