10 April 2009

fire!

No, not really. Just a Kindle.
Father the techno-geek has had a Kindle for what seems like ages. When the Kindle 2 came out, naturally he had to upgrade. Nobody at his work was serious about acquiring his old one from him, so he shipped it to me. He even left it on his account, so I just choose "shop in Kindle store" from the menu, decide which of my (heavy on the paranormal/vampires/erotica) books I'm willing to have show up on his computer screen, and get me something to read.
So far, I've gotten 2 books. Both are horror/paranormal anthologies, both cost under $1.50 from the Kindle store. I'm such a wuss.
Although, once I charge this sucker overnight, I fully intend to buy Body Movers 4. (Stephanie Bond)(no paranormal/vampire stuff)(just almost always set in Atlanta, and sex scenes tend to start on the floor in this series.)(it's the couch in another series)

I apologize for jibberish. I realized the time and practically chugged my glass of wine.

In the morning (oh shit, I gotta get up in about 6 hours... oops...) we meet with the electrician and then the 'pre-wire' people. (pre-wire installs phone/cable outlets)
Last week's Brinks and closet meetings went well. The closet was better than expected, since after the Brinks meeting we were standing in what will be our bedroom realizing there simply is NO SPACE for my long dresser. (this sucks as I really like what used to be grandma's dresser that grandpa installed lights on.) So the closet people design and then build (from 1" particle board in a shop onsite) drawers and adjustable shelves and hang racks. It'll be cool. The lady asked each of us how much stuff we fold, hang, how many pairs of shoes we have, they MEASURED our shoes to see how much space they take up, she asked how many long items I hang... it was detailed. All told, I wind up with 3 9" drawers, 3 7" drawers, 2 chunks of shelves, 3 chunks of half-height racks, and 18" of long hang rack. My side of the closet is 96" long. (his is 84" or so due to an air vent running up the wall in the back.)
Dresser? We don' need no steenkin dresser!
Well, hubby promised me we can stuff it in 'bonus' room for visiting parents to use if they're staying a long time which actually has me really worried cause his momma already stays a week at a stretch.... (my dad tends to come up for 2-3 days, every other month. His momma comes up for a week, twice a year on girls' birthdays.) He's also promised I can put grandma's old kitchen table up there as my craft table (currently I got nothing to sew on, so my sewing machine lives at my mom's house and I just use it there whenever possible). That room is gonna get crowded fast. Good thing it's like THE BIGGEST ROOM IN THE HOUSE! Not really, but close. It's bigger than the master bedroom, it just doesn't have a 7' long closet and attached bathroom. Playroom is bigger, and great room too I think but that's it. It is (by far) the largest bedroom.

Crud. Typing skills have gone from buzzed to garbage. Plus that wake-up time edges ever closer, especially with having to backspace and fix spelling errors like every third word.
goodnight anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment