30 April 2009

been blah

Again. What's wrong with me?
House is flying along- they started putting up drywall yesterday. Siding's up, garage, basement, and porch stoop have been poured. (still no steps UP to the stoop, so it's a tall step, but it is there.)
Boo turned 2 yesterday. Her party will be Saturday. My dad flies into town (state) around 1pm tomorrow, my mother in law at 5ish. Dad leaves Tuesday (my birthday, and the day I go back to work after taking a couple vacation days), mother in law leaves... oh wait, that's right. My darling wonderful husband doesn't bother to decide ahead of time when his mother leaves. He waits until day 6 and then starts picking flights, leaving me in the agony of suspense THE WHOLE FLIPPIN WEEK and wonders why I never take more than 2 days off work. hmmm... let us think why I might do that...
Remember, we work for airline. We fly standby. Truthfully, the closer to departure time, the better idea if we can get on the flight. We only have to list ourselves (or parents, friends, whatever) 4 hours out. Company claims they want us to do it 24 hours before departure, but that's mostly for figuring out meals for first class.

I just had a 30 minute interruption talking to my hubby about a union issue in LAX. For a guy that used to work here, transferred there, and doesn't trust any of the union stewards there. So he asks my opinion alot. Gotta love it.

blah. I gotta wind down. And I'm out of my cheap good Australian wine, all I've got in the house are 2 Cahors wines (town in France where my aunt lives) and I'm not sure I'm ready to open either of them yet. Maybe it's a beer night. sigh. Dumb 5 hour rainstorm! Keeping me from doing as many errands as I intended! (didn't want to have girls in too many parking lots- they're awful fond of puddles and I'm not awful fond of getting splashed then having wet legs & shoes on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment