12 February 2009

I got nothin'

No ideas. No energy. No signs of activity on our lot (which supposedly would begin digging MONDAY).
On the plus side, I also don't have any large branches down on our vehicles, or even in the yard from the high winds that came through last night. Power must have blinked at some point, but couldn't have been off long because no clocks needed reset this morning.
The only interesting thing going on (since I STILL DON'T HAVE A HOLE FOR MY NEW HOUSE) is getting new cell phones. They should arrive tomorrow.
After more than 9 years, I finally got tired of my current cell provider. The service is ok, the price ok, but the choice in phones and the price to get a new one just started to stink. So I found a good deal and ordered 2 free phones online, and hopefully just after they arrive our numbers should be ported over to the new company. I'm still not sure what's going to happen with husband's phone, one page of the order confirmation says the number will be (614)xxx-xxxx, but I requested to port his (214)xxx-xxxx, and part of the body of a confirmation email mentions that number and how once it is ported it will not work on the current (old) phone.
We're rather ambivalent on which number he winds up with. The (214) is fine, he's had it for years, we kept it when he moved up here so his mom could call him from her house phone if need be (though she never has). Also, I doubt he would bother to tell his old friends if he got a new number, he's been very blaise about talking to them during this past year. I'm pretty sure I've talked to one of them (via email and messenger) more than he has. The (614) was a neat number, easy to learn, and then I could call him from OUR house phone, which I've never been able to do because it's easier to call him from my cell rather than giving the long distance company a reason to charge me a little more.
Urgh. I must remember, once the phones are switched over, I need to cancel the long distance on the home phone or at least find a different provider. Currently, my fee is waived because I have cell service with the same company. Once they realize I don't have the cells, there's another $7 a month I don't need to spend.

OH YEA- Pitchers and Catchers reported today! First Spring Training game in 2 weeks! WOOHOO! and I can't believe Dunn went to the Nats. They need a hitter like him, but it seems like he's slumming. Maybe he'll be good for them and help them improve. I don't think they could get much worse. Hopefully we'll get to more Clippers games this year, the roster should be more interesting now that we're affliated with the Indians.

No comments:

Post a Comment