20 September 2009

and the fun never stops

Today while I was at work, Grammy and my Aunt borrowed my children to take them to a family reunion. Grammy picked them up about 11am, and I'm told they arrived home about 20 minutes before I did (shortly after 6pm).
Obviously, nobody's had a nap.
So girls are running around terrorizing each other and the cat dumb enough to not be hiding, hubby is cranky from cleaning all day (but the bathrooms look great!), and I'm cranky from an oh-so-fun day at work with weather rolling in messing with my sinuses.
I've had 2 good spots in my day, first was my high-school boyfriend answering an email I sent him about bizarre programming on one of our music channels on the tv, he appreciated what had struck me as odd and informed me he and wife are expecting a child in January.
This is an earth-shattering event, given his previously stated view on having children.
The other fun thing was my father texting me to ask if it was safe to give Munchkin a Hello Kitty shirt. (Would the girls fight since Boo is the one who loves Hello Kitty?) I told him they'd just get confused. Hubby & I can both picture Munchkin opening that gift and saying "Look Boo, you got a shirt!"

A plus for the week has been hubby started hanging pictures on the walls in our home, makes it feel more real to me. (He is way too much a perfectionist for me to drill any holes in the walls. I hung the tp holders cause he was too tired of stuff to do it, but he commandeered the towel bars from me when I started them.)

The downer (kinda) for the week is now I'm only 6 days away from the visit of the inlaws. They'll stay a week. My dad's coming up Wednesday and leaving Monday, he'll be staying with his brother as our spare room (and most likely my fabulous recliner in the den, given how my f-i-l sleeps at his own house) is claimed. I took Sunday off work, for the birthday party. I do not intend to take any other days off. (Is it bad to escape to work when family visits? I do it every time....)

No comments:

Post a Comment